Handling old electronics properly is important for everyone. Yet, outdated smartphones, laptops, and other equipment often sit in closets and drawers collecting dust. From researching drop-off locations to actually taking the time to bring your unwanted electronics there, the task is time-consuming and often falls to the bottom of the to-do list. Recognizing the need to handle e-waste efficiently at the individual level, Quantum has introduced a new QuickShip program.
What Is Quantum’s QuickShip?
Our new QuickShip service simplifies the process of getting rid of old devices in a secure, compliant manner. Residents and companies can enjoy a turn-key solution for certified recycling services with a shipping program that takes unwanted equipment directly from each user’s home to our facility. There are three options available:
- Basic: For individuals and companies seeking only recycling or refurbishment services for their devices, the Basic Option offers an effortless solution. You’ll receive packaging, a return label, and packing instructions from us. Ship your devices in the packaging provided and receive a Certificate of Recycling within 14 days. This document will list the total weight of returned items which you can retain for your records.
- Enhanced: Employees and individuals with sensitive data on their devices can receive the utmost peace of mind with our Enhanced Option. The process is the same as the Basic Option in that you’ll receive packaging and a return label. Yet, we go a step further by performing secure data erasure or destruction. In addition to the Certificate of Recycling, you’ll also receive a Data Security Certificate. This document features a serialized list of equipment and proof of data destruction for each device sent to us.
- Self-Ship: If you already have your own packaging, simply affix our shipping label to it with your device inside. You’ll receive a Certificate of Recycling within 14 days of shipment. Enhanced Self Ship is also available to receive a Data Security Certificate for items you send in your own packaging.
Which Devices Are Supported Through QuickShip?
Our QuickShip service program can be used for a wide range of devices. Packages come in three sizes, each of which fits different items:
- Smartphone: Fits up to 2 smartphones (capacity of 2 lbs.).
- Laptop: Fits items up to 8 lbs., including up to 2 laptops or 5 to 10 phones, plus chargers.
- Multipurpose: Fits any combination of laptops, smartphones and tablets, desktop computers, monitors, desktop printers, chargers and AC adapters within 16” x 16” x 16” dimensions (capacity of 20 lbs.).
What Are the Benefits of QuickShip?
While Quantum has long partnered with organizations to support their electronics recycling needs, residents and employees can now enjoy our compliant, secure services at the individual level. QuickShip is a quick and simple way to ensure you’re handling your end-of-life devices properly without having to leave the home. For companies with remote workers, QuickShip also eliminates the hassle of collecting end-of-life electronics by having employees ship their devices directly to our facility. QuickShip is well-suited for residents and small businesses, but the service can also be scaled to support larger companies with multiple employees in need of electronics recycling.
Most importantly, everyone who uses QuickShip receives the same level of compliance and security for which our certified recycling and ITAD facilities have become known. To find out more, see further details about QuickShip here.