Through its ITAD services across Canada, Quantum manages ten`s of thousands of IT assets each month. These quality refurbished assets can be made available to your employees at a discount as part of an employee purchase program. These programs are a convenient and risk-free way to show your team how much you appreciate them. They also do away with the headaches and potential risks attached to selling your used equipment to staff members directly, while creating value for your organization.
The Risks of Passing Used IT Gear Directly to Staff
Many employees are keen to acquire their company’s used computer equipment. And while you may want to do your staff members a kindness, passing along your unwanted laptops, desktops, and other gear internally can lead to a number of problems:
- Data security issues. You could incur a liability risk if the equipment or device you give or sell to an employee isn’t properly wiped of company data.
- Software or operating system licensing issues. In many cases, the licenses your organization purchases to operate its computers aren’t transferable with the equipment.
- Hardware functionality issues. Your IT department may lack the time and personnel necessary to deal with employee-adopted equipment that malfunctions or breaks down after purchase, or to field questions about its installation or operation.
Fortunately, Quantum’s employee purchase and discount options make it easy to do something nice for team members without worrying about possible ramifications.
Quantum’s Risk-Free Employee Purchase Programs
When your organization partners with Quantum to meet its ITAD objectives, you immediately gain the opportunity to take advantage of our employee purchase programs.
By allowing Quantum to maximize your company’s ROI through our buyback/resale services, you`re not only gaining value but also adding IT diversity to our online store inventory. This inventory diversity helps create a great employee purchase program shopping experience at discounted rates.
Quantum eliminates any data security, licensing, and equipment service issues by:
- securely wiping the data on your equipment to the highest, NIST-governed industry standards
- removing and replacing existing operating systems with a new Windows license
- repairing, testing, and providing a warranty with every refurbished computer
By keeping your employee resale transactions at arm’s-length, Quantum’s employee purchase programs free your organization from liability and leave your IT resources where they’re most needed.
How We Create Value
Quantum’s employee purchase programs create value in more ways than one. By prioritizing reuse over recycling, for example, your company benefits financially from reselling its unwanted IT equipment while promoting environmental sustainability.
Providing a perk like an employee purchase program is also a great way to improve engagement in the workplace and create a more competitive employee benefits strategy.
Some companies, for example, use part of the credit they receive from selling their old computers to Quantum to create a reward program where selected team members can purchase the computer gear of their choice from our online store, or stipulate the charity of their choice to donate that same privilege to.
The bottom line?
Taking advantage of Quantum’s certified services and employee purchase programs to help staff safely buy back your used IT equipment is one of the easiest ways to turn a potential liability into a risk-free employee incentive.