What We Recycle Electronic Accessories
Recycling Electronic Accessories - What You Need To Know
An essential or useful auxiliary item that can be attached or removed from an electronic device.
Sony, IBM, Samsung, HP, Microsoft
Data Risk Potential
End of Life Recycling Process
Shredding for commodity recovery
Environmental Health and Safety Hazards
- Electronic accessories such as headphones and charging cables make up a small portion of the electronic waste stream.
- Electronic cables often contain quite a bit of copper, which can be recycled and reduce the need for mining.
- Electronic accessories such as flash drives and hard drives need to be wiped to prevent data from being stolen when you go to recycle them.
- If you plan on recycling your over-the-ear headphones, be mindful of the toxic plastic contained within them when you go to dispose of them.
- When recycling remotes, make sure to take the batteries out first as these are filled with corrosive acids and harmful chemicals that are not meant to be recycled with plastics.
- SD cards are often overlooked but need to be recycled due to their trace amounts of precious metals and non-biodegradable plastics.
Why use Quantum?
- Quantum is one of the leading electronics recycling companies in Canada, operating out of a 125,000 square foot facility in Toronto and a separate facility in Ottawa.
- Quantum is fully certified so that you can be certain that all of your electronics are recycled responsibly and securely.
- We issue a Certificate of Recycling for every load of electronic waste that we pick up.
Contact Quantum at 416-222-1773 or use the form to book an electronics pickup.